Welcome to Langley Camera Club – check this page frequently – it is updated regularly. Visitors & Newcomers are welcome, come check us out.
Guest Speaker night is always open to the public, this is a no charge event. (4th Weds of each month)
Scroll down the page to view the Weds night club activities.
2016/2017 THEMES have been posted HERE
LCC Outings Meetups for LCC members only
LCC Photowalks Meetups for LCC members and open to the public.
Wed., December 13: Evaluation Night – Theme “Beautiful BC (Landscape)”
Wed., Nov 15: Development Night
Creating Double Exposure Images
Presenter – Dennis Ducklow
Dennis Ducklow is a professional photographer and teacher. In this presentation Dennis will share a few tips on how you can expand your photographic creativity by combining multiple images.
The World As It Is – Images of the invisible world
Presenter – Larry Breitkreutz
Larry is the past President of CAPA , a professional photographer and educator. His current body of work consists of images that reflect the invisible world. They hint at the idea that we are not alone, and that there is more to our reality than what meets the eye.
Wed., Nov 22: Program Night
Join photographer and author John Gordon for a interactive talk about photography. John began his photographic career in 1983 at the Campbell River Courier and Upper Islander. While on Vancouver Island he supplied images to the Vancouver Sun and Province as well the Victoria Times Colonist and other publications on the island. Articles and photographs also appeared in Photo Life, Birders World and Pentax Magazine.
In 1989 he moved to the Lower Mainland and freelanced with the Now Newspaper Group until landing a full-time job at the Langley Times where he was full time staff photographer for 22 years. During that time he also freelanced and built a varied portfolio. In 1995 he incorporated and started a commercial, portrait and wedding business. In 2000 he received a Craftsman of Photographic Arts (CPA) from the Professional Photographers of Canada and a Masters of Photographic Arts (MPA) in 2014. A year later he received a fellowship from the then Professional Photographers of BC (FPPABC)
John has photographed in almost every situation imaginable and hope that can some sage advice and answers questions during his presentation. John will talk one hour with a second talk available if time permits.
John will share a varied selection of images that he took during his career ranging from news, travel, nature, portrait and wedding.
Questions during the presentation are encouraged.
He will also have his book “The Langleys” available for cash sales only.
NOTE: Membership Showcase: November 29th and May 30th
Cloverdale Library: Opportunity To Show & Sell Your Photograph in Jan / Feb ’18
- The Cloverdale Library is giving the Langley Camera Club members an opportunity to hang their photos in the Library in January and February. This is your opportunity to sell your photos, or just show them.
- Space Provided: The Library will provide hooks that hang on crown moldings on their walls. In order for your photos to be hung you will need to frame them, or print them on canvas and attach a wire on the back.
- There is room for approximately 40 photos ranging in size. See list below…. these are only suggested approximate sizes. For example a smaller print can fit into the 36″w x 24″ h space, if that size of print isn’t submitted. We won’t say No to any photo submitted. We’ll make it work!! (We visited the library and did a rough measurement of the areas to see what size of photos could fit.)
One: 12”w x up to 56” H Sixteen: 14”w x 18”H Two: 16” w x 20”H
Three: 20” w x 20”H Two: 20” w x 24”H Four: 24” w x 24”H
Six: 24” w x 36”H One: 24” w x 40”H One: 28” w x 30”H
Three: 36” w x 24”H One: 36” w x 24”H One: 4’ w x4’H
- Deadline For Submission: The deadline to submit your prints/canvas to Jim Hatch and Ruby Jaggernath is Wed., Dec 13.
- Master List: Photos will be given a number which your name will be referenced to on a Master List. This Master List will show your Name, Print Title, Sale Price, and Contact Phone #. This information will not be put on the wall beside your photo, instead the Librarian will provide this information to anyone who is interested in buying a photo.
- Questions: Send your questions to Jim Hatch at email@example.com
|PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WITH YOUR PRINT
TITLE OF PRINT: _____________________________________________________________
SALE PRICE: _____________________________ (if applicable)
Visit our homepage Langley Camera Club
Follow us on Facebook:
If you’re not a member of Facebook you can still follow the FB posts as they are also posted here: LCC FaceBook posts”
Join LCC Flickr page and check out the 52 week challenge -it’s never to late to start: Langley Camera Club on Flickr
Langley Camera Club welcomes guests, visitors and newcomers… bring a friend! and remember… our guest speaker night is always a public, no charge event.