2016/2017 THEMES have been posted HERE
Welcome to Langley Camera Club – check this page frequently – it is updated regularly. Visitors & Newcomers are welcome, come check us out.
Guest Speaker night is always open to the public, this is a no charge event. (4th Weds of each month)
Scroll down the page to view the Weds night club activities.
LCC Outings Meetups for LCC members only
LCC Photowalks Meetups for LCC members and open to the public.
Christian Sasse is a local artist – both an eagle and astro-photographer – from Surrey, B.C. His work was featured in May 2017 in National Geographic for creating a composite image of the Southern Milky Way – an image that went viral on Twitter. He also appeared on the cover of Canadian Outdoor Photography and his eagle photography was also the focus the magazine’s feature article for the same issue.
Christian’s academic background, particularly his knowledge of optics and the physical properties of light, has also helped to shape his photography. He is particularly interested in capturing how different lighting conditions affect the colors and patterns around us, paying special attention to the way that they diffract and transmit light.
His photography lecture will cover his adventures with eagle photography in B.C. and Alaska as well as his recent experience under the incredible night skies of Australia.
Wed., May 31: Member Showcase
- This is a member’s opportunity to share their photography and slide show with fellow LCC club members . It can be as simple or as complex as you’d like. You do not need to do a presentation. All you need to do is bring your show on a memory stick for us to load into the computer.
- We would like as many members as possible to participate at this LCC Development Night. Please email Pat Ellingson firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a show you’d like to include and what the title is.
- Your slide shows must be NO LONGER than 4 minutes. The formats are listed below. They can be as simple as a Powerpoint or Keynote slide show with straight cuts to photos or as complex as adding effects and music.
- This is not a competition but rather an opportunity to share your images with other LCC club members. This can include a collection of photos from a trip; a series that tells a story or showcases a particular technique (ie B&W); or anything that presents your photos to fellow LCC members.
- Member ShowCase presentations can be; but not limited to….
- “ProShow Gold” or other automated slide show with with music, transitions and other production values.
- “PechaKucka” is a simple presentation format where up to 20 images are shown, for 20 seconds each. The images advance automatically and you speak about your images as they advance.
- “How to lesson” share with us a PhotoShop or LightRoom technique, a photography/camera effect …or ?
- For more information or guidance about how to create a slideshow go to this link
Wed., June 14: Evaluation Night. Theme “Bridges”
Wed., June 14: AGM Meeting and last meeting for the season
Visit our homepage Langley Camera Club
Follow us on Facebook:
If you’re not a member of Facebook you can still follow the FB posts as they are also posted here: LCC FaceBook posts”
Join LCC Flickr page and check out the 52 week challenge -it’s never to late to start: Langley Camera Club on Flickr
Langley Camera Club welcomes guests, visitors and newcomers… bring a friend! and remember… our guest speaker night is always a public, no charge event.